Your Opportunity to change Policing

On the 15th of November 2012 the election of the Sussex PCC (Police & Crime Commissioner) will take place. For the first time the electorate will have a direct say in policing. The Police Minister Nick Herbert said in a speech that this will be

"a new era in policing, when local people will elect a Police and Crime Commissioner for Sussex" .

Up until now the Sussex Police Authority has had this power; Who are they?, what do they do? I think most ordinary residents will be unable to answer that question.This will all change with the election, the electorate will be able to decide what Police force they want and how it operates. This is why I am putting my name forward to be chosen as the Conservative Party Candidate.

Book a Hotel

Sunday 24 June 2012

Thank you

I failed in my bid to become the Sussex Conservative PCC Candidate and I wanted to write to say thanks to all those who have sent commiseration messages (you know who you are), also I want to say thanks to all those people who have helped in my campaign, and in particular in briefing me and helping me prepare.
Irrespective of the fact that I lost, I still do not think that this invalidates some of the arguments I was making, I just hope that the remaining candidates take on some of these ideas and would be happy to help with their campaigns and in anyway in the mission to reform policing to the betterment of our society.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rt Hon Nick Herbert (Police & Justice Minister) & Paul Dendle

Rt Hon Nick Herbert (Police & Justice Minister) & Paul Dendle
Nick Herbert (Police Minister) meets Paul Dendle on the streets of Arundel